Easter 2014 marked the first holiday that Emme really seemed to embrace. Christmas was fun alright, but there was just something about running around and finding eggs that was right up her alley. I adore this picture of her at our family Easter egg hunt in Santa Clara. At this age, she shrugged her hands like this whenever she saw something amazing that she didn't quite understand. Seeing my family play catch and play all over the park after the egg hunt was one of those things.
I did the most cornball thing that Easter. I made these matchy matchy vintage dresses for Em and I. Even though we were in that weird little condo, I put up shop in the master with my sewing machine and dress form. There was terrible clutter all over al of the time, but I just couldn't stand the thought of not crafting in those 6 months we lived there. These dresses were the main fruits of my labor.
I've always had an incredible bond with Emme, but something about the light of her personality really started to take off this spring. The gleam in her eyes when she saw the fun things that Nana got her for Easter was so special to me.
And, of course, even though she loved her little Easter dress, she was ready to take it off and run around half naked outside too.
Finally, I love this picture that Shaye took of me. He is usually bah-humbug about photos. (I mean, I do kind of want to take them all the time!--Not of myself, per se, but of Emme.) He got kind of excited and told me to strike a vintage-looking pose, and then when he got home he edited the photo with a Dodge-Burn technique to make it look like a painting. It meant a lot to me because I was in the early awkward stages of pregnancy and certainly wasn't feeling very glamorous.
Easter of 2014 was a beautiful time of renewal and hope. Our little family was changing, and we were feeling so thrilled about it.






.jpg)
0 comments:
Post a Comment