Hying to Kolob {July 2014}




Every year the Scotts gather at Staci and Dan's cabin in Kolob. The little vintage log cabin resides on beautiful property near a small fishing lake. The little place is always bursting at the seams with energetic kids, irritable teenagers, playful dogs, and sociable adults. It seems like every year I drag my heels up there--just because camping can be pretty uncomfortable with so many people-- but we always leave so glad we came.


We brought our little dogs, which was less of a catastrophe than I would have thought. They stayed pretty close to us and didn't run off like they normally do.


One thing that probably made it worth it in and of itself was just watching Emme with her cousins. I could see that they were forging lasting bonds together. I'm always touched with how her boy cousins protect and include her. Here she was posing with Preston and Landon.


 Of course, she ran around like a crazy person the whole time. Shaye wanted to get in lots of ping pong time with his brothers, so I was a busy pregnant lady chasing Em.


There are few people that Em gets more excited to see than Sky-Sky.


As per usual, her little joyous sense of discovery and all the sweet expressions on her face kept me snapping lots of photos.

0 comments: