I know I just blogged Hudson's birth story, but then I remembered that there were some fun, everyday moments preceding his birth that I hadn't recorded yet. Here is everyday November in pictures:
Emme indulging in a chocolate cupcake after activity days one Friday. There's something about her curls and messy face in this photo that really gets me.
In late summer, our bishopric called me to temporarily serve as ward organist. I was pretty shocked, just because I had never played an organ in my life, but I was willing to learn. I was pretty terrified every week, but Tammy Tremea in our ward was a wonderful support and I learned so much. I definitely made lots of mistakes, but everyone was so nice about it. I laugh now to think of my big pregnant belly nearly touching the keys. The bishopric called me to play a few months ago, as a permanent calling, but I turned them down (something I've never done before) just because of the circus act of chasing our spastic daughter and nursing Hudson is in church now. Someday I'm sure I'll be able to play again.
In early November, The Piano Guys came down and shot a music video at Tuacahn. It's always such a treat to see them. Shaye sees them a lot more than I do and is in contact with them daily while they are on tour, but it's only once in a blue moon that I get to see them. These guys all feel like family, and I always feel recharged to support Shaye through the creative work of his job after reconnecting with them.
When we came on set, Steve and Al were sharing parenting advice on becoming parents to two and were entertaining Emme and indulging her imagination, showing her all of the beautiful scenery in the canyon near the stage. It warmed my heart. I also loved seeing Shaye in the director's chair, commanding the crew and filming from the drone they were using. I'm so proud of him and the amazing videos he spearheads and works to create.
Just before Hudson was born, Nana got a swing set with a little climbing wall and slide. Emme is absolutely obsessed with it, of course. She always wants to "swiiiiiing" and asks us in her adorable but whiny voice.
Emme went to her two year check up. I was surprised when she wasn't a bit worried about seeing the doctor. I think because she's seen Dr. McStuffins a few times she thought the stethoscope and other instruments were pretty cool and was chatting it up the whole time with Dr. Smith.
I love this shot a few days before Hudson was born. She sat in this bouncer for a long time. This is what Emme always looks like in the morning--sometimes until noon. Messy hair, jammies, and dress ups on top. I love it.
Doing some last minute shopping, I backed into a park car. Lucky for the other car, I just hit the dumb hitch on the back of a pick up truck. Because it was metal, it didn't hurt their care and gave me a 3 inch gash on my bumper. When I sheepishly called Shaye, he didn't miss a beat: "Don't even worry about it, babe. It's not even a big deal. We'll just get it fixed." He knew that I was stressed out as it was and just totally minimized the whole thing. That's just the kind of man he is. (Oh, and I'm cracking up over the hugeness of my belly silhouette on my car!)
And that's everyday November--I say "everyday" because there were just so many special days that deserve special posts. The everyday grind wasn't so bad either, though.








0 comments:
Post a Comment