Being in the Moment {May and June 2014}

The early summer of 2014 was definitely memorable, though it was a crazy time for our family with our home in the final stages of construction. Through all of the craziness, however, I had many vibrant moments with my Emme.


There's just something adorable about chocolate worn all over a little face. It's easy to sense the true enjoyment of it.



Emme began her obsession with make up. One day I came into her room to hear her cooing, "pretty!" and I found an entire compact of my eyeshadow ground into her carpet and all over her face and clothes.




This picture captures her cheerful feistiness so well. She loved this rocking horse Sunnie handed down to us. Sometimes she would rock on it violently enough that she would flop onto her side.

 Skyler captured this moment.During this age Emme started to express her love for Skyler more clearly. She called him "happy" because she associated him with the popular Pharrell song. At the park one evening, he was playing peek-a-boo with him when she peeked through a little spy-hole on the playground.


I loved seeing her little imagination sour. My parents took Amy to the UK and they went to Harry Potter World. She got this super nerdy video of her flying on a broomstick, and Emme watched it over and over one Sunday evening, totally transfixed. She couldn't believe "Nanty Mayme" could fly.


Early summer marked a debacle with Emme's beloved "baby girl." The little doll came up missing and we looked and looked and looked for it. We went to our construction site in the night and looked all over there too. We couldn't find it anywhere. Emme cried and cried at night for the doll. By some stroke of genius, I had ordered a back up "baby girl" on ebay just in case disaster struck. It got there about a week after the first doll came up missing. A month or so later, when we moved into our new house, we found the doll rolled up in a giant area rug. (What in the world?!)

I enjoyed so many moments with my sweet girl.

0 comments: