We took another major outing with Hudson when he turned exactly one month old. The Piano Guys Concert at the Energy Solutions Arena is always a treat. We went last year and were amazed at the spectacle of seeing about 12,000 fans together celebrating this wonderful team that Shaye is a part of, and this year was the same way, but my family was there to see it too.
Shaye and I came up a little early and hung out back stage and listened to the mic check. They ran through "Angels we Have Heard on High" and rolled the footage of Hudson in the nativity scene. I was overwhelmed with it just in the mic check. We caught up a bit with Jon and Steve and Al, and ate dinner with Al and his family. The guys were excited to meet Hudson. It is touching to me that they care to catch up with us when they are clearly under a lot of stress and about to perform for their biggest audience of the year.

It was fun to have the guys snuggling on Hudson. Al held Hudson while I ate dinner, and Steve always shows a real tenderness to our kids. David, the Sony manager was also really taken with him. "May I give him a little kiss?" he inquired in his proper British accent. When I agreed, he asked, "How do you not just kiss him all day?"
Just before the concert began, we took my parents back stage to meet the guys. I was so nervous about it because it was right before curtain, but the guys were super chill and the audience was on Utah Standard time and there were many lines at the ticket stands, so they were pretty relaxed back stage.
.jpg)


Besides my parents, Amy and Jeff and Cam were also with us. It was so much fun to share the event with them. I've seen the guys perform many times, but it was a treat seeing their music and their comedy routines through my family's eyes. And, as always, seeing Shaye's footage up on the jumbrotron is a humbling experience. He works so hard and really puts his heart into his work. It's such a blessing that many get to enjoy it. My favorite moments were seeing his beautiful videos from China and Brazil. I bawled when "Story of my Life" came on, which featured Skyler and Jamie's family, who were also there. The nativity video and footage of Hudson were so powerful I kind of couldn't process my baby on the screen in front of all those people.
Through Shaye's career we've learned so much about the performance industry. So very much happens behind the scenes to make an operation work. Though Shaye remains behind the scenes and does not usually get a lot of artistic recognition for his film work, the group has taken wonderful care of us and are like family. We are beyond grateful to be a part of The Piano Guys team. Like every job, it has its frustrations, but it has really caused Shaye to blossom into the artist that he is. Shaye has also left an indelible mark on The Piano Guy's efforts through his beautiful videography and his strong entrepreneurial skills. I am a very proud wife.
0 comments:
Post a Comment