As stressful as it was moving into our new house, there was something just unbelievably magical about it. I couldn't believe that we were actually moving into this house, and I just wanted to pinch myself that we had been blessed so much to have this beautiful home to raise our family in! Being in this new space just made the everyday things that much more special.
Like meal time. Something about seeing little Emme on our long dark dining room table with all the beautiful light shining through our breakfast nook windows.
We quickly saw that we weren't the only ones who would enjoy the theater room. Emme had never been more amazed with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
I was pretty terrified about Emme hurting anything in our new house. She did get into some permanent marker within the first few weeks. But this was one moment when I thought she must have been into something terrible and she had actually just stacked all of these water diapers on her legs. I laughed my head off and she had no idea what was so funny.
Pioneer Day at my parents. This was a fun pool day, but I just remember feel super sick with morning sickness and being real tired of that.
This was a sad, sad day. Just a few weeks after moving in, I was dishing up ice cream and Emme kept trying to get up on the counter. I kept putting her down, but she kept getting up. When I wasn't looking, she fell off the counter and bit right through her lip. I was furious with her and so scared at the same time. She was bleeding and I could see the big gash. We took her over to our neighbor's, Todd Perry's, and he said she needed stitches, so we took her to the ER. I just felt like the worst mom ever. Shaye was frustrated with me too. I think because it was just so preventable and he hadn't seen it that he couldn't understand how I had let it happen. I really beat myself up about it. She got 3 stitches in her lip and was pretty traumatized about it. The doctor couldn't have been more amazing. He was awesome. (Wish I could remember his name.) I applied scar cream on it for months, hoping it wouldn't scar. Poor thing!
This blurry picture captures exactly how I felt as we waited at the ER for stitches. I thought about all of the terrible things that can happen to your baby, things way worse than needing stitches, and I realized that if I felt this bad about her falling off the counter, how horrible I would feel if something worse happened!
The next day, Uncle Sky Sky brought her princess suckers, though, which cheered her up considerably.
Once we were a bit settled in, I tried to start doing more fun things with Em. She had been cooped up in that condo so much, and I wanted her to feel more love and order in our new house. The colander trick entertained her for 15 minutes or so, haha.
During a naptime, I could hear Emme babbling on to herself in a high-pitched voice. When I peeked in, I saw her with her frog slipper on her hand like a puppet. She cracks me up!
One of the most fun things about our neighborhood is how close we are to a bunch of awesome parks, one of which has a great splash pad. Here was one date we went on. Emme had a blast!
Watching her dance around in her new room was pretty special. It is such a sweet feeling to know that she has her own special place where her imagination can run wild.
Catching some precious time with "Nanty Mamy" before she moved up to BYU.
Emme had a blast undoing just about all the organizing I tried to do in the new house.
And these two! I mean... seeing the love between Emme and her dad is just the sweetest thing ever. I love how these photos capture the sweet everyday moments between these guys. How lucky am I?













.jpg)




0 comments:
Post a Comment