One of my most favorite things about Christmastime is how the season makes little everyday moments that much more special. Here are some special everyday moments of December 2014.
Once we got our massive 10 foot tree up, we Christened our little elf on the shelf "Lala." Emme thought she was pretty fun, but I could tell she wasn't quite old enough to grasp the tradition, so she sat on our tree the rest of the season. That, and I was busy with a newborn.
Here are a few Mommy-Hudsie selfies. I love how he is asleep in each one. At this age, I truly want as much bodily contact with my babies as possible. I feel like the time is so fleeting. Even though I know it can be dangerous, I co-bed with my babies early on. I curl up to them on my side and nurse them on demand in the night. I live for the snuggles, and I'll take the nursing pain with it. (Oh, and also, I had mastitis in December. That's always fun.)
We began to venture out just a bit, mostly for the sake of my sanity. With Emme we stayed indoors for 6 weeks and she didn't really have contact with anyone but family. Obviously with the nativity and the scores of people he came into contact with, I sort of became brave. I just couldn't stand to be cooped up at home. I thought I would lose it--for reals. We went to the park and enjoyed the fresh air in the heat of midday and I even took Hudson to work when I had to run an errand. (And, let's be honest, I really just wanted to show him off.)
Characteristic of why we love our ward so much: Lisa Clement, who is Emme's nursery leader, came by and brought Emme a present that she had made for her to celebrate Hudson's birth. The Clement girls were darling and painted Emme's fingernails. I'm always so touched by how people respond to Emme. Most people seem to think she's as darling as I do. Everywhere we go it seems like people watch her and want to talk to her and know about her. She has a magnetic personality, so to speak.
When she opened this tutu, I knew we would never see the end of it. She wore it around the clock this month (until Christmas Day when Santa brought her an Elsa dress), and still puts it on nearly every day. I was so grateful to Lisa for her thoughtfulness.
She wore it with mom's boots.
She wore it as she smothered her little brother with loves.
She wore it and admired herself. Often.
She wore it playing around the house and yard.
I felt a little guilty letting her play outside in this darling tutu, but the pictures ended up so darn cute. This was not a battle I was picking.
December was a wonderful month in everyday moments.












0 comments:
Post a Comment