The end of the year was marked with several fun little parties for us. The first picture was one that was many years in the making. We finally got a bunch of Shaye's high school friends together. It was epic, and we probably won't be able to manage it for another decade, but I didn't take any pictures, probably because I was worried about getting everybody fed and trying not to stress about some rowdy kids--my own included. We at pizza and dessert, exchanged White Elephant gifts, and caught up with Shaye's friends who've been all across the country going to med school and pursuing other endeavors. It was a wonderful night.
My Mom's birthday was the 27th. I always feel bad with how her birthday just blends into Christmas, but it sure is fun to celebrate her! What an amazing Nana to my kids!
That same night, I had my friends over. Man oh man, do I love these girls! We've known each other so long that they feel like family. When we get together and talk, it just makes me so happy. There were many others who couldn't make it this night that I feel the same way about. I feel like no matter how long we're apart, when we get together, we can pick right back up.
We ran into Marci at the Pizza Pie restaurant. I always LOVE seeing her. Emme kept talking about her after we left.
We celebrated New Years Eve in a most unremarkable way, as usual. It's just a holiday that I don't know what to do with. We got takeout from Bombay Cafe, one of our favorites, and then proceeded to lay in bed most of the night and watch TV. We're party animals, basically. I just adore this photo, (a) because we are in our jammies/ Elsa paraphernalia, (b) because Shaye looks so happy, and (c) because Emme's tight squeeze is making Hudson fear for his life. I love my little family so much. On special days and just humdrum every days. We may not have looked like it, but we were geared up for a fun new year!





0 comments:
Post a Comment