Our Baby Minnie Mouse Princess {Halloween 2014}

Maybe like a good number of moms out there, I put a lot of pressure on myself during the holidays. I always want things to be special, and home-making things makes me feel like I'm seizing each holiday. I got started very late of Emme's costume, and so I was afraid it wouldn't come together--but it did! I knew that Minnie Mouse would be the perfect costume because she was absolutely obsessed at the time. 

Emme is incredibly particular about what she wears, and so I had no idea if she'd actually wear the costume, especially the headpiece. She absolutely adored the skirt at first sight. The head piece took a bit of coercion, but once she saw herself in the mirror, she loved it.





Wow! These shots totally sum up my kid. She loves to make believe and she definitely has the damsel-in-distress/ princess thing down. I think I know where she got that from.

Halloween really was a blast. Here is a picture of our annual family trick or treating to grandparents. She zonked in the car. She came to later on and was so thrilled by the fact that everyone was giving her candy. The few times we've gone to Grandma Hirschi's since, she's always looking for the treats. 

Here is a picture on Halloween day. I include it because of how hilariously bad my pumpkin carving skills are. Shaye gave me a hard time when he got home...and I could totally see why. I guess I'll need to whip out some Martha Stewart tutorials for next year, haha.

Trick or treating was an absolute blast. I took Emme just around the cul-de-sac near our house and the neighbors were so excited to see her. At a few houses, they said they'd been waiting to see her all night. Our neighbors the Stanards said their teenaged daughter had delayed going to a party in hopes of Emme coming by. Made me feel loved to have so many cute neighbors. Emme was just thrilled out of her mind. We felt a bit initiated this first year because we're now in the sort of neighborhood that goes all out on holidays. Later on, we went and saw Nana and Papa too...and Millie, of course. It was a wonderful holiday. Most fun Halloween of my life...and I didn't get any candy at all because of my gestational diabetes.


0 comments: