Hudson Grows...and Grows

As I knew would happen, Hudson grew like crazy the first few weeks. This kid LOVES to eat. He ate just about every 2 hours early on, so it's a good thing that I produce a lot of milk. 




I took these photos the day he turned 2 weeks old. I remember feeling shocked at how much he had already changed and how he was already starting to make some little facial expressions. I was truly in heaven photographing my sweet little boy. People sometimes say things like, "he's too pretty to be a boy." He is pretty darn handsome.


Though I feel like I have no problem bonding with my babies, I marvel that how as time goes on, I bond more and more. Within two weeks or so, I felt like we had a rhythm. Sure, I was still super stressed out with everything else, but I felt like Hudson and I knew our way around each other. 

I was starting to realize that I was having some post-partum about now. Oddly enough, it wasn't the new baby that seemed to trigger my emotions, but it was coping with Emme's busyness and destructiveness and trying to manage everything else. I was feeling like such a short fuse and really struggling with feeling angry about dumb little things. Looking back, as sweet as those first few weeks were, I also felt pretty unlike myself. Thank goodness for a forgiving little Emme and Shaye who didn't hold it against me too much.




 There were countless moments that I just wanted to capture his every expression. The sweet way his eyes fluttered with new light, the beautiful pucker of his lips, the softness of his fuzzy head, that absolutely ambrosial smell of a newborn, the softness of his tiny body all curled up in my arms, and the treasure of a little smile after being nursed.


I took this photo the day he turned 3 weeks old. It's insane to me how much can change in a week. He was getting so much more chunky, and we started to see the first signs of what now seem to be his trademark smoulder.



Emme continued to adjust to Hudson better and better. I captured some sweet moments when she climbed in his crib to snuggle. She always wants to see what "Baby Huh-sen" is doing and she always wants to know how he's feeling. Most of the time, she is a very sweet sister.

As Hudson grew, I continued to just hold onto every day (and still do!). There is always such a sweetness of being in the moment, and I try not to think about how short of a time I'll have these little ones. Such an incredible time of life!

0 comments: