Shaye's birthday this year was a special one. He had been going through some stressful times at work, and I was just feeling especially grateful for all that he does for our family. We had some friends over the Saturday before his birthday, and it was such a cheerful evening and made me so grateful to have such good friends.
Sunday, Shaye's actual birthday, we had a dinner at my parents' house. I love this tradition and love being able to help him feel special on his day.
Father's Day was another day that I was feeling particularly grateful. I know the work of mothers is challenging, but the work of fathers is equally so. Church was really fun, and Emme sang with the primary children again, which was so sweet. This time she didn't put on quite as much of a show, but many commented on how animated she was. The kids loved giving Shaye their Father's Day presents. Emme made him a candy lei and Hudson "made" this darling magnetic picture frame. So grateful for a wonderful husband and father in our lives!








0 comments:
Post a Comment