Mother's Day 2016


Mother's Day. It's a day of so much happiness. I love being a mom more than I even thought I would. I look at them and I just think about what miracles they are. If I'm being honest though, Mother's Day is a day that I feel a little bit guilty too. There are so many ideals about motherhood and sometimes the tiniest things make me feel like a crappy mom. This mother's day I was rushing around and trying to have my mom A-game on, but there's also this hope that I really am doing a good job and not messing my kids up to much with my flighty temper and unorganized ways.


This Mother's Day was a little bit crazy and a whole lotta fun. My current calling is Primary Pianist (along with R.S. pianist) and the primary kids were singing in sacrament. I walked up there with Em and dropped her off at the front of the pulpit where the kids were gathering and went to the piano where I played through "If I Listen with my Heart" (not a Mother's Day song, but whatever) while the kids were coming up and getting situated. Emme, however, took the opportunity to sing through the song by herself. Nearly all the words were made up, but she hit all the notes perfectly. I somehow managed to keep playing, even though I was dying laughing. The kids sang the whole song, and then during the postlude of the song Emme sang a few more made up notes and gracefully raised both of her arms in the air. I swear the congregation laughed for a solid 30 seconds. The whole rest of the block I could hear people talking about it. The whole ordeal absolutely made my day.



0 comments: