A Day on the Beach

Our sweet friends the Ashtons invited us on a pretty last minute trip to So-Cal with them. At first I was sure we couldn't swing it because they were leaving on Mother's Day and I would have to miss Amy's missionary call, but Shaye managed to convince me and we realized that we could bring little Em with us, and decided that it would be too fun to turn down. I booked Mother's Day night at Pacific Edge in Laguna and we made a little trip out of it.


The Ashtons have access to a private jet, which turned out to be the fanciest thing ever. Emme has flown before, but not in a small jet, and so she was a little nervous, but once we were up in the air, she and Charlie and Paisley were already playing and having a blast. Not only was the flight less than an hour from St. George to Orange County, but it was catered too. I felt so fancy, and the Ashtons are wonderful company. I laugh my guts out listening to Abe and Shaye banter, and Kim is just the sweetest person and someone I really look up to.


One thing I love about not being in Utah--people make a big freaking deal about being a mother! They gave me this rose when we checked in and everywhere we went that evening strangers were wishing me a happy Mother's Day. My heart melted watching these two play on the beach. Way too much fun! Emme had never been to a real beach before (just the bay up in Bellingham) and she loved the sand, the shells, and the waves.



We ate dinner at a happening but very loud restaurant. I felt like an extra sabbath breaker because it was a little raucous. Amy facetimed and I got to talk to her for awhile, which was wonderful, but I still missed being with the whole family, especially because I knew Steph wasn't there either.


Of course, I had to take the opportunity to do a little beach photo shoot for Em in this Elizabeth Bennet dress. Too much fun!

 








This was such a sweet night. Even Laguna for one afternoon and night is a wonderful reprieve from the world. We went out to a yummy French restaurant for dessert, and then crashed before our big Disney day.

0 comments: