Disneyland in less than a day. We knew it sounded kind of crazy, but we went for it anyway. We took the kids back in September, and so we knew we wouldn't have to try and fit everything in. We said goodbye to the ocean as we waited for our Uber and then were driven to Anaheim. We got into the park before it opened and raced to Splash mountain. We were pretty proud of ourselves for getting Em on the ride. She was about 1/2 an inch too short and so we made her some makeshift elevator shoes to give her some height (so embarrassing, I know!). She loved the ride for the first few minutes until she realized there were hills. Suddenly I wondered what the heck we were thinking taking her on it. She was so afraid of everything the rest of the ride.
We went on a few other fast rides like Thunder Mountain, which she tolerated okay, and even the Haunted Mansion, which she was scared of, but kind of fascinated by later. She kept joking "no windows and no doors!" from the beginning of the ride. We really felt guilty by now for scaring Em. We took her on Pooh, which she was also terrified of, and I was afraid the whole day would be a bust because we had started with Splash Mountain and scared her so badly. We went to see the princesses because we knew that would help and then we spent some time in Fantasyland, which was totally packed.
It really is such a magical place! We hit up a lot of rides before it got slammed in the afternoon, and we ate at the French Café and had the Monte Cristo. The service was incredibly slow, but the food was yummy. We met up with the Ashtons later in the day and the girls had some fun. Charlie is amazing with Emme and Paisley and Emme are good friends, though Em does get on Paisley's nerves sometimes, though I can't blame her.
Heading back to St. George was free of the usual grumbles because after the short ride to the airport, we only had a 45 minute flight home! Em fell asleep in the Uber and she didn't wake up until we hit the SGU tarmac!
I just can't say enough good things about the Ashtons. I mean, class meets humor meets down-to-earthness meets fun meet SO MUCH GENEROSITY. It was a short trip but it felt so much longer than it was, weirdly because the travel time was so cut down. The catering on the way home was so yummy. All my favorite things like caprese kabobs and artichoke hearts. I took a picture of Emme's kids meal because I thought it was so ridiculously nice. The lifestyles of the rich and the famous I tell ya.
This trip was so dang fun, and we're so grateful to have made such wonderful friends!



















0 comments:
Post a Comment