Here is October in everyday pictures:
We have been finishing our attic space. Now that the drywall is up, it is clear that the space is going to accommodate what we want better than we had hoped. It will be so nice to have this done and so we don't have to have workers in and out of our house all the time!
Our garden has yielded some yummy results. I'm still learning a lot, but the first year has been a modest success, so that's good.
Conference was amazing, as usual. I always come away so uplifted and with a renewed sense of purpose. I especially loved the idea of "ponderizing." The idea is to take a new scripture every week and ponder on it and memorize it a little bit. This was a quote from conference that I chose to ponderize the week after conference; makes a world of difference.
These cuties hoped in Shaye's suitcase--(okay, fine...I posed them there) as he was getting ready to leave for Scotland. Something about him going to the UK without me is just so wrong. Maybe because I devoted the last 10 years to reading its literature and he can't stand 5 minutes of Downton Abbey because he doesn't understand what they're saying. Someday I'll have to go back with him!
I ran 8.5 miles one day while Shaye was gone. It was hard but fun--and these two zonked out! I think I'd like to train for a half marathon some day if I can find the time.
We also had a fun play date at the Ences' to pass the time. Liz was missing Kyle too, so we had a little picnic.
Shaye, of course, had a wonderful time. He barely slept while he was there, but managed to pull off an amazing video. Probably my favorite that he has ever done!
I was floored when he brought home this dress for Em. It was about $60 and is a beautiful silk material. It was unlike him to spend this much, particularly on a dress for Em. We're definitely going to be getting some beautiful pictures of her in this.
Hudsie always loves his ice cream cones at Nana's on Sunday night.
I must have had a harder time with Shaye being gone than I realized because I randomly had the urge to take pictures of Emme in a new Cinderella dress I bought for her. She does not disappoint with her poses.
A beautiful sunset on one of our evening walks. Perfect weather!
During one morning run, when I was about a mile from home, one of my tires malfunctioned and I had to carry it on two wheels the rest of the way home while Emme walked beside me. Her face says it all here.
I bought these Pioneer Woman items from Walmart and couldn't wait to show them off by prepping some pretty Butternut Squash soup. My little helper is the cutest!
We took Emme for her first live theater performance to "Beauty and the Beast." It was a little bit stressful but mostly fun. She did pretty well, but anytime that Belle wasn't on the stage, she was asking, "Where's Belle?" We made it the whole way through, though, and Emme definitely thought it was magic.
Those boots are made for walkin'.
We had a wonderful night at The Piano Guys concert. The guys mentioned Shaye several times and that meant a lot because he doesn't usually get recognition for his work. It is always fun going backstage and seeing everyone. I'm always blown away with how kind they all are, to me especially. My parents and Skyler and Jamie came with us, and it was a special event. I left with a very full heart and lot of pride for my hard-working man.
All of the sudden it hit me--I am totally my mother. This semester especially I have been feeling this way. I teach in her building at the same time she does down the hall from her and I always park right next to her. Of course, we just bought a Honda Odyssey, the same van she drove for a decade. Good thing my mom is so cool, 'cause I'm just like her these days!
We had Lorelai over for an evening while her mom and dad moved. Three is definitely a little harder, but it was so fun.
Typical toddler friendship. Fighting one minute and best friends forever the next. So fun! :)
Also, I love this shot of Emme jumping on the tramp. This girl has my heart.
And that's October in everyday pictures!

























0 comments:
Post a Comment