I am not really a "summer person." That is, I dread the summer because of how ridiculously hot it is. Looking back on the summer now, however, this was a wonderful season.
I was inspired by the Staples family to visit the temple in honor of what would have been Marjorie's 3rd birthday. I took the kids to the temple grounds and we had a little picnic, said a prayer for Marjorie's grieving parents, and talked about angels and forever families. As we were eating, Emme thoughtfully said (of Marjorie), "she an angel, Mommy, but she's all right." It's funny how simple moments can sometimes be the most profound.
Little Sis is getting pretty good at playing on the playground. Now we just need to get her around more kids to play with.
Shaye helped me with the kids during my faculty inservice meetings and in the process changed the first dirty diaper of his life! When I got home, he looked at me gratefully and said, "I don't know how you do this every day. Changing that diaper was the harder thing in the world!" I busted a gut when I went to change his clothes because Shaye had put the diaper on backwards. Poor guy.
Hudson learned to pull himself up in his crib, and shortly after, Emme taught him how to jump on his bed.
Pure joy!
We had dinner with The Fishers one night. Emme just loves their baby Nora. She mistakes her name for "Aurora" and that night kept saying, "This is Baby Aurora. She gonna be a princess!"
We had a great time at Bree's baby shoer for little Liam. I always love getting together with my cousins!
My 10 year class reunion. Man, do I feel old! It was fun seeing people, and it's amazing how some people really don't change all that much. Like, our upperclassman Jordan still loves to tease us, as you see in this photobomb. The reunion was up at the Orton's cabin, which was so beautiful. I made a slideshow for the event, and man was that a blast from the past! How has it been 10 whole years!
Few things make my heart happier than seeing Shaye play with the kids on the floor when he gets home from work.
We harvested our apple tree for the first time. There were about 10 little apples that tasted pretty good. The kids gobbled them up in a few hours.
Another gardening adventure--Emme helped me make pesto. She was great at tearing the leaves off the basil stems. Sweetest little helper!
And that's August in everyday photos. Sometimes the normal days are the BEST days.














0 comments:
Post a Comment