Every time Shaye has gotten in a sparky mood since Emme's been more than a year old, we had the same conversation. Shaye would say he wanted to take her to Disneyland and I would tell him that I wanted to wait until she got older so that it would be more special. As she has gotten a bit older, though--and increasingly imaginative and obsessed with all things Disney, I have totally caved. It took a lot of convincing the planner in me to agree to this last minute Disneyland trip, but it was so worth it. We literally decided we were going Sunday night and loaded up the car and left Monday morning.
We didn't even think about Labor Day traffic, but we got stuck in deadlock for a few hours near Primm. These were our expressions as I sat between my two babes in the back seat, trying desperately to keep them entertained. It took us 9 hours to get there, when it should have taken 6. We slept well that night, that's for sure.
But when I saw Emme's face when we started walking down mainstreet, I knew we had made the right decision. She loved Sleeping Beauty's castle and pretty much had a permagrin. She was gasping and pointing everywhere we went. I can still hear her little voice saying, "Look Mom!"
When I heard about the Princess faire in Fantasyland, I knew we had to take Emme. It was one of the things we did early on, and I'm not exaggerating when I say that I think it is the cutest thing I have ever seen. When Em saw the Princesses, she went and sat with them and talked to them like they were lifelong friends. The princesses couldn't have been sweeter with her. This Snow White was so spot on that I felt bashful around her. She was the animation incarnate. She kept cupping her hand outward near her chin, just like in the movie and had the oddest high Princess voice. LOVED her!
The conversations these princesses must have with little girls! Emme was just over the moon.
This Cinderella was telling Emme all about "Bibbity Boppity Boo" and Emme kept trying to look down her dress. (Toddlers...) I'm grateful to have gotten some good pictures. Disney's photographers were there too when I logged in to see the photos, I was furious at how beautiful they were--and they wanted something like $20 a photo. Yikes!
Skyler and Jamie are the ULTIMATE travel buddies, we've decided. ESPECIALLY to Disneyland. They were season pass holders this last year, and they just know that place backwards and forwards. They watched the kids so we could go on all the rides we wanted. Seriously? Who does that?!
A low point of the day: waiting in the HOT heat (Yes, it was a humid 95 degrees in September!) just for Emme to be terrified of Minnie Mouse. I was like, we're getting a picture, dang it!
Shayden and I fast passed Indiana Jones while Shaye and Skyler took the kids on Pirates. It was a fun little date with this cute dude. Love being an Auntie--even though I can't believe he's 10. What the? Pretty sure he was a 2 year old and I blinked!
Emme just loved this goat in the petting zoo in Adventureland. She kept saying, "he's so sweeeeeet!"
Not only were Skyler and Jamie amazing help, but so were Shayden and Landon. Those two are just good kids and they love my kids!
It was hard to capture this on camera, but even though Emme was super exhausted, she absolutely loved the parade. It's crazy how much expense and ingenuity goes into these floats. I was blown away. I can still see Emme dancing on Shaye's shoulders and saying, "It's Magic, Daddy!" over and over as the music blasted: "When can we do this again? (Wha-oh-oh-oh) I never want this to end! (Wha-oh-oh-oh)" It's crazy how Disney knows how to create memories and enliven little (and big) people's minds. Disneyland was absolutely magical (Even if it was sweltering).
















0 comments:
Post a Comment