Early in the month, I got tired of Emme asking "Halloween today Mommy? No, it's tomorrer!" and so I made this paper chain for her. I realized that I may not want to put my fall decorations up so early next year because this girl was jumping the gun big time!
Now that Emme is at an age to care, we figured out that there are actually a lot of festive Halloween events.
We crashed Jamie's parents' ward Halloween festival. There were games and face painting and treats. Emme was in heaven. I love how something this simple can just make her day.
She crashed HARD after!
This wasn't a Halloween party, per se, but the Ence twins birthday falls pretty close to Halloween and they had a costume party (pirates and mermaids). I've been a little bit ridiculous about buying Emme dress-ups lately. I mean, they entertain her for hours on end, so it's kind of in the interest of my sanity to buy them for her. I couldn't resist getting her this Ariel costume. She had SO much fun at the party. She talks big about her and Brizzy being besties, but they haven't quite got the socializing down in person yet. Mal Ence throws the BEST parties. There was a super fun treasure hunt and a plank to walk (into a ball pit), and lots of fun chatting for adults. Love those guys!
And Emme crashed hard after this party too!
On Halloween we went to visit Shaye's mom at Coral Desert Rehab. She had just had a hip replacement. My kids don't know their Scott grandparents as well and so sometimes they're stand-offish--like Hudsie's face here.
It wouldn't be Halloween without stopping my Skyler and Jamie's! Kids come from all over to see Elsa and Anna. They're so great!
And, of course we had to go see Nana and Papa. They gave the kids these wands that lit up when you hit them on the ground. Emme got a whole bucket of candy when we got back to our neighborhood. All of our neighbors are just darling and get so excited to see her. It was definitely a fun year!













0 comments:
Post a Comment