My Dear Blubber Chunks

One thing that I heard a lot before I had Hudson was how other moms were afraid they couldn't love their second like they did their first. I don't know if it is because of all that we went through to get Emme or what, but I never once wondered that. In fact, my overwhelming feeling was wondering how I could NOT love him just as much as Emme.

Even so, I wasn't prepared for the striking and unique bond he and I would share. I think because I'm such a feminine person, I wondered if I could jive with a baby boy. But, my goodness, was I wrong to worry about that. I feel every bit as connected to him as I did with Emme. He has my whole heart, this one.

That expression on his face! The happiness in his eyes when he looks at me is unbelievably sweet. I feel like he is ecstatic that I am his mom. Where Emme's regard to me has always been joy and pride, Hudson has a very grateful sweetness about him that is unique from his sister.

 Here he is at 3 months. I finally finished this kaleidoscope quilt for him. It was quite a bit of work, but also very fun to create. I love doing the initial monograms on blankets because it adds that extra something special.

At 3 months, H was just starting to roll over. He definitely was tracking by this point and showing lots of facial expressions. He began making this sweet shy face and hiding behind my shoulder. He started to really recognize and interact with Shaye and Emme. He started to really sleep well through the night. By the time he was 3 months, I had broken the co-bedding habit, which was definitely a good thing. After 3 months, he slept in his bed for at least 6 or 7 hours in the night.


Hudson has a bunch of nicknames. Hudsie Stud, Hudson Wudson (who knows?...), Lunch bunny, and Blubber Chunks. You can see why he's earned the last one.

 Those rolls. Is there anything more delicious?

 One thing that has been incredibly useful is my baby wrap. That thing is worth its weight in gold! I wear Hudson shopping, on walks, and every around the house occasionally. He loves to be close to me and it really doesn't put much strain on my back or anything.
 We take a walk pretty much every day now--rain or shine--and I love to wear Hudson, especially when it was colder earlier in the year. Here is Hudson all bundled up. Sometimes he gets all snuggly and falls asleep as we walk. I love feeling is little hands pressed against my neck and his little legs dangling and kicking up against my body.


We sure love this little guy. He has stolen my heart, and I'm just so grateful that I have lots and lots of time to hold him now while he's little. I hope he never gets too cool or too old for his mama.

0 comments: