Family--Isn't it about Time?

I'm pretty sure that I take my family for granted. Majorly. It really is such a huge blessing to live in St. George so close to so many who love us. Here are some fun things we've done with family lately. They're such simple things, but when we're together, it doesn't really matter what we do.




Shaye's parents are adorable. They are the same age as my grandparents--in their mid-70s. They are certainly burned out of grandkids. I think ours are #31 and #33, but I know they love them. We spent some time with them at Shayden's soccer game a few weeks ago. (Side note: Emme managed to run out into the field at the start of the second half, excited by all the movement. When the teams all shook hands at the end of the game, Emme cried because she wanted to say "good game" too.)


Another photo of Hudsie with his Grandma Scott. We love sitting on this green sectional and making conversation about the large family's happening, politics (I've learned when to hold my tongue), and the gospel and things closest to our hearts.

It is a huge blessing to have my Grandma Hirschi still here with us. At 92, she is still sharp as a tack and just the sweetest thing ever. I love the way her face lights up when she sees my babies. I love hearing her stories about what my Granny and mom did as children. I love her grace, kindness, and positivity. She's always been a source of light and love in my life. We don't go and see her enough, but when we do, Emme loves to pet her porceline kitty, get a treat from her treat drawer, and dance around her front room.




Just before Easter weekend, we went and saw "Cinderella" in theaters. I built it up in my mind to be this super fun girls' time, but it ended up being sort of a disaster. Hudson had a blow out on the way there, so I had to take his pants off. The previews were about 25 minutes long, so Emme's attention span was gone by the time the actual movie started. I had to nurse Hudson in the theater, and so Amy ended up in charge of Emme, but instead she wandered around the theater, talking to strangers and calling out to Amy. I was embarrassed and frustrated because I absolutely HATE to put people out, but sometimes I just need to remember to shrug stuff like this off. It makes it worse to get frustrated and make a scene than to laugh and say I'm sorry.



I'm getting a real kick seeing my kids with their Uncle Brad after he's been away for so long. We've told Emme about him her whole life, but it was fun to see how quickly she warmed up to him. I get a kick out of seeing him with Hudson because they look so much alike.

And then there is my mom. What on earth would we do without her? She has such a way with Emme. When she is being a stinker and I'm just completely done with her, my mom takes her and lovingly and playfully chides her and teaches her. My mom is a magical, fun, educational Nana. My kids are the luckiest...and so am I!

Thank goodness for family and all the sweet everyday moments we share.


0 comments: