The past seven years or so have taught me something important--crafting is a form of therapy for me. Whenever I am feeling clouded or stifled or bored with my life, creating something with my hands breaks me out of a funk. I started learning how to really sew and cook and crochet and whatever else when we couldn't get pregnant, just to fill the creative void that overwhelmed me. Now I have all these hobbies that are dear to me that I have no time for. When I can squeeze some craft time in, though, it refreshes me so much. Here are a few recent projects:
It was so much fun taking this quilt to Liz's over the top darling shower. I made it the colors of her nursery and she loved it. :)
There's just something that can't be beat about sewing, though. Making clothes that I can dress Emme in and then photograph her just makes me giddy. I love it. I meant to have these dresses done for Easter, but it wasn't until a few weeks after that I had them completed.
Emme adores this dress and wants to wear it every Sunday. She points at it hanging in her closet and talks about her "purple bunny dress." I have made plenty of things for her that she didn't give a fig about, and so it's fun when she really likes something I make.





1 comments:
I totally relate to this! I love to sew for my little girls and have recently ventured into sewing some things for myself which has been a learning curve. Your stuff turns out so pretty!
Post a Comment