February in Other Pictures

February in general shaped up to be a fun and eventful month. Here it is in everyday pictures...


Snuggling my babies in bed on a Saturday. This is Hudson's favorite snuggle position--on his side, facing me. I never thought I would love cartoons again, but when I hear Emme clopping across the hardwood floor toward are room in her Elsa dress up shoes in the early morning (and by early, I mean 7 a.m. for these night owls!), I sure am grateful that we can turn on some show for her and sleep for a bit longer.


 My church calling over the past 6 months is Activity Days. It is super fun, but I'm pretty sure Emme enjoys it more than anyone. All the girls are darling to Emme. They're little mothers in training. Before Valentines Day we did a little cookie decorating, and after Em ate way too much frosting and sprinkles. I continue to be in this calling. It is a little bit tricky because I had 2 partners before and they have both since moved, so now I run the show. On top of having to plan everything, a lot of the girls don't come. One week, I only had 1 girl show up. They are sweet darlings, but sometimes it can be overwhelming to figure out with my 2 kiddos.




This month brought an unusual opportunity. A man contacted me through Shaye's brother-in-law Jon and asked me to perform a Catholic art song for the archiving of his father's compositions for the University of Wisconsin. I was rather nervous about it, as I'm not a great classical singer, but I was so excited to get back in the studio. No one has ever paid me to record before, and it was a real treat. My dear friend Stacy, who is a fantastic accompanist, played for me. She was just about to move away from St. George, and I was so grateful to get some bonding time with her. The session went quick and the man who commissioned the work was thrilled with it.


February brought another fun little event. Shaye sold his car (pictured above--I included a picture here because I really loved that car) and got a new one (below). One thing that I adore about Shaye is how fixated and determined he gets when he has a dream. He was like that about me when he knew he wanted to marry me, he was like this when he found his passion in film work, and he was like this when it came to building our home. He uses all of his ingenuity and business savviness to make things work, and that's exactly how he ended up with a new car. We took the kids for a ride in the teeny tiny back seats and Emme just loved it. She is obsessed with Daddy's "white car!" and sees it as a big step up from Mommy's Prius. I can't imagine why, haha!!




Here is a picture of Emme on a fun date to "Donalds" (as my sister, Amy, used to call it) with Nana. She really loves those ice cream cones.


One day as I was doing the dishes, Hudson started to fuss. I asked Emme, "Brothers sad. Will you give him some lovin'?" "Okay, mommy," she said, and snuggled into his bouncer with him. So sweet!


Emme went on a playdate to the Bartons' house down the road. She had an unbelievable time and came back with a minnie mouse doll, dress, and purse. They have been regular fixtures in our home sense. Love this family!

Here's us on a lovely picnic we took with Steph. It was fun to get out together, but it was also rather crazy. I think this is right before Em decked Steph in the forehead. Aunties are great help, but Emme also gets nice and razzed up too.

February was a wonderful month!

0 comments: