Raising a toddler sure is an adventure! I never quite get over the love/hate relationship I have with the different phases she goes through. I mean, the adorable things she does far outweigh the squirrely things, but it just depends on the moment.
One day I just got it in my head that it was time to potty train Em. She started wearing pull up and I put her on the potty roughly every 20 minutes. She went the very first time because it was morning and he bladder was super full, but she sat there in protest for a good 10 minutes before she relented. After that the first day was a little rough. She kept crying, "I want me diaper!" I was afraid it would be a big disaster and that this would be a month-long process. That same day of being frustrated I found that she had crawled into Hudson's crib and had fallen asleep while I was doing dishes in the kitchen. It seemed so fitting because she was probably wishing that she didn't have to grow up.
To my delight, she actually ended up doing quite well. I took this picture 2 weeks later when I felt like she was officially potty trained. I think she only had 1 accident when she couldn't get her clothes off fast enough to go, but other than that, she's done fantastically well! So happy to be out of the diaper phase with her.
Emme took her first little dance class from Abby Ekins in the Ekins's basement. It was the perfect "first" for her because it was right across the street. She did so well and Abby raved about Emme's personality. I find more and more that she is super fearless and outgoing; I'm just going to have to learn to get out of her way and let her fly.
Em is so lucky to have grandparents who dote on her. Nana takes her on fun dates every now and then. They went to several summer movies, and even went to the carousel one day. My grandma has been fantastic about watching Emme so I can work on the dissertation. I loved this sweet picture of her asleep on my Grandma's bed. Emme just loves spending time with her.
Suuuuuuch a great moment. I was chatting with my visiting teachers for quite awhile and Emme was VERY entertained coloring. When I found her, I realized that she had made herself the canvas. Her expressions here captured her chagrin all too well. Silly sweetheart!
On the 24th, I took out the Nancy book to tell Emme about her middle namesake. (Honestly, it was mostly for the photo op, but I think it's a great tradition to start!)
She's been a great little helper in the kitchen lately. This one day she said, "Let's mix-a-mix-a muffins, Mommy!" Just like in Daniel Tiger. Sometimes it gets messy, but it's sure worth it! I love my everyday adventures with my girl!

















0 comments:
Post a Comment