Can You Overdose on Relaxation?

Don't be jealous...but this is how I've been feeling lately. I have recently shifted from a crazy schedule of teaching three classes as an English professor for the first time, teaching piano lessons, taking 12 credits toward my Master's degree, and studying for major exams; now I teach two classes and have four piano students--period. That's my life.

It's great, right? I stay in my bathrobe until noon reading some days. I play with my puppy, and write music. I spend the afternoons and evenings with Shaye. We have a quiet peaceful home, yet I'm dying for some action in my life. :) Before I was crazy busy and dying for a break, and now I'm having a Zen moment (a very extended one) and am begging for some action.

Is it just me, or do we always want what we can't have?

6 comments:

The Colvins said...

Yes, so true--we always want what we don't have--even if what we have is really, really good!

thehaucks said...

Soak it up now while you can, I guess!

The Weston's said...

you want some action? have a baby :)

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel said...

I always find myself in the same dilema and then feel guilty for not being content. You can't win! :)

Tom and Juli said...

Good for you for getting some relaxation in. I hope you can enjoy it while it lasts. We should do lunch or something since you're not busy lately.