I totally married Gilbert Blithe!

A few weeks ago I was watching "Anne of Green Gables" and the "Anne of Avonlea" series, which I have adored since I was a little girl. I made a startling discovery. Shaye looks a ton like Gilbert! Not only does he look a lot like him, but their personalities are also similar. Not to mention, our love story is a bit the same are his and Anne's--minus the whole "carrots" thing. :) Seriously guys, can you see the resemblence?




I think this is hillarious! I was pre-conditioned from a young age to fall in love with Shaye. Genius!

11 comments:

thehaucks said...

Fabulous! Didn't we all want to fall in love with Gilbert? That is partly where I got the name Emmaline too!

The Weston's said...

lol. He totally does! How are you guys btw?

Katasha Lyn said...

wow... that resemblance is uncanny!

Camille said...

I'm and Anne Of Green Gables fan from childhood, too! I love that resemblence! What a lucky girl you are! :)

Tav and Aims said...

he totally does look like him! You two are adorable. A perfect match!

Rachel said...

I just got done re-watching those too! I could watch/read them over and over again. And yes, I totally had and have a total crush on Gilbert. Shaye totally looks like him in that picture! Yeah, we've only got about a week left until we hit the due date. Patience is a hard thing these days :) Love you!

The Colvins said...

He totally looks JUST like him--I loved Anne of Green Gables as a kid--I can't believe I never noticed how they look alike! You new pup is so cute--it make me want one!

Rieck Family said...

That's funny. It was good to hear from you. How are you? Are you still in the college ward?? We miss it!!

Casey and Nichole said...

Oh my gosh that is hilarious!

THE ORVINS said...

haha that is way funny they look identical, i guess it was destiny for you two... how cute!

Krista said...

THat is HILARIOUS Amanda!!! Ha! Love it! He so is Gilbert! We need to get together soon eh? For real. I want to come over and see your new house!! WE're outa town this weekend...but soon...let's do it. How was the sing songy?? ttfn..kw love ya.