We went to Maui for a week earlier in May and had the time of our LIVES!!! It was just Shaye and me on this beautiful, exotic island! If you haven't been to Maui before, I can't recommend it enough. I've been to Oahu, which I also loved, but Maui is my new favorite.
This is the lanai (or patio) attached to our hotel room. We had a spectacular oceanfront view and could always here the waves. There were sea turtles playing right on the beach. It was magical!
We went on this gorgeous 4 mile hike through the jungle, swatting mosquitoes the whole way. (I had 17 bug bites after this hike--I counted.) We hiked through this bamboo forest. It was crazy beautiful. Then at the end of the hike we ended up at the ginormous waterfall, (pictured below). It was an adventure!
I'm the tiny speck at the bottom. :)
Sunset on the Road to Hana. Doesn't Shaye have mad skills with the camera?
This part of the island, Upcountry, was so mountainous and gorgeous, but didn't really look like Hawaii--maybe New Zealand or somewhere.
This is us on top of the Haleakala Crater. This is only 4 linear miles from the beach, but 10,034 above sea level! It was so peaceful and quiet up here and we could see Hawaii and Oahu from up here!
This is at a fun little restaurant we found on the beach in Lahaina. It was so yummy! I'm hooked on Poly food now!
Oh my goodness! Have you ever had Hawaiian shave ice? We heard about this place in Lahaina that had a PERFECT review history and decided to try it our first night--we went back every single night to try new flavors. This is not a snow cone, people! It has a texture similar to ice cream and all of the flavors taste EXACTLY like the real flavors. Amazing! Ululiani's Shave Ice is a MUST TRY if you're in Maui!We had such a wonderful time! I feel so blessed to have so much time with my sweet, handsome husband!


5 comments:
Wow that looks gorgeous! What a fun trip for the 2 of you, I want to go to Hawaii someday!
And I just read your last post, hadn't seen it before. I'm sorry to hear about your pregnancy, I never knew anything about it. You are such a strong girl, and your attitude about everything is just perfect. Love you lots.
Sounds like fun! The pictures are so pretty. I would love to be in Hawaii right now!
JEALOUS!! And so happy for you that you guys got to have such a great experience! Richie says the shave ice there is insane! It was fantastic to see you this weekend! Hopefully it's not too long before the next get together
I am so jealous of your vacation! I would love to lie on the beach right about now. I went to Maui a few years ago with my family and absolutely loved it. I want to go back with Adam someday when we have enough money.
You look truly happy! I am so glad you were able to go and have such an experience together.
Post a Comment