So...I've been a bad blogger lately--a really bad blogger. I find that the longer I take to post, the more out of the loop I feel. So I decided to break the cycle and just start posting again. :) Here is an update of what has been going on with Shaye and me over the past few months:
Our New House!!!

We moved into our brand new home at the end of April and are LOVING it! Our home is in the Tonaquint area. We love it because it is so quiet, but only about a 5 minute drive to downtown. It's also fun because we have all kinds of bike trails nearby and beautiful views of Pine Valley Mountain, Zions (far off in the distance) and Snow Canyon. We feel so blessed to have gotten into the home when we did. We have awesome neighbors and are in an awesome ward! We couldn't be happier. I will post more pictures inside when I get it more decorated and take some blog-worthy pictures.
Fun With Friends
Over the past few months Aleesha Fife (now Marshall) got married to a wonderful guy. Her wedding was gorgeous and it was a perfect opportunity for the "Morningside Clique" to get together and catch up.
Another fun thing that happened is that my bestie roommate Laralyn came to visit me in St. George. She has since had her baby, Kaylee Rayne, who is ADORABLE!
Also, I sang at the Renaissance Fair with Candace Thompson and Krista Wasden. It was super fun! I felt like I was five again walking around in my medieval dress. (Yes, I did aspire to be Guinevere as a child.) The fair was super fun to sing at, except when we tried to sing a difficult Latin song "O Fortuna" and totally started laughing in the middle. :)
Sudden Valley, WA

I never thought I could be so addicted to a place that involves hiking and small Scandanavian port towns--but I am! Ever since I've known Shaye I've heard all about Sudden Valley from his family. Until we went last year, I had no idea what I was in for. It is BEAUTIFUL! We went again a few weeks ago and I loved it even more! First of all, it is always 60 or 70 degrees there. Second of all, we get to spend quality time with Skyler and Jamie, who are a blast. Thirdly, it is about 3 hours away from Forks, WA. (This is where the dorky Twilight fan in me comes out.)
I haven't exactly been to Forks, but being so close to it and being in such a similar landscape makes me think about the books. I even start to believe the characters are real when I'm up there. (Man, now I really sound dorky!)
We're lucky to have a great vacation spot where we can stay with family for free and buy $28.00 tickets out of Vegas to get there. Can you believe that?? Seriously, if you want a fun cheap trip book a flight last minute with Allegiant and you can go all kinds of cool places for super cheap!
Well that's all for my massive update. I'll be sure to stay on top of it better. Hope you're all well. XOXO
8 comments:
I'm so happy to read your update!! I miss you like crazy, so at least I kinda feel like it hasn't been as long when I get an update! Your house is gorgeous! I am so happy for you guys! That is just awesome. And HOLY COW those are some cheap flight tickets! I'm gonna have to check that out!! I love you Amanda! I'm so happy to hear everything is going so well! You look beautiful as always!
Amanda, this is Lacey (Orton) Robinson...hope you remember me! You sang at our wedding and I never got a copy of the song you wrote for us...just wondering how I can get one!? You can leave me a message on my blog or email me at: laceyorton2003@yahoo.com- thanks so much! Oh and please tell your mom I say Hello!!!
Amanda I am so happy you updated! It is fun to see what you have been up to. Congratulations on the new house, I am so happy for you and it looks beautiful!
yay for an update! I miss you!!
Yay you're back! Your house is beautiful! I think that area might be in my mom's ward (one of the Southgate wards).
Hey im so glad you updated its good to see what you are doing I know im a total bloggstalker but that is awesome you guys are in a new home it looks beautiful, I want to see pics of the inside:)hope your doing well!
YAY an update!!! Wow, your house is incredible! I'm totally jealous. Hey, Richie and I are coming to Cedar City today and will be around SG until Sunday. It's a really short visit, but if there is some time, I'd love to see you!! I'll call you!
I was just thinking about you today, wondering how your new ward/house has been. I'm glad I stumbled onto your blog. Great to hear you're doing so well :) We miss you in our ward!
Post a Comment