Due to a promotion I got at Dixie State College to go from being an adjunct instructor to a part-time professor, I am now able to begin my Ph D at UNLV!!! I am so excited about it I can hardly sleep at night! Of course, it is going to be a big commitment and a little pricey, plus, I'll have to commute to Vegas once a week, but I'm still super excited. It has always been my dream to get my Doctorate degree so I can someday teach as a full-time English professor, though I never thought I'd be doing it this early.

I'm so grateful for the opportunities I've been given to work in a career I love and really push myself academically. Many of you know that I've been hoping to be a mom for several years now, but since I've been diagnosed with endometriosis and fertility treatments haven't worked out, I've decided to push myself in other ways and find out what Heavenly Father wants me to do with my life right now. Though we still have a lot of fertility treatments to try and there is plenty of hope, I know that it might be a while. Lucky for me, Heavenly Father has opened up one opportunity after another for me to better myself in other ways. I'm so grateful!
Wish me luck in my school work at this big university with the literature Big Wigs!
17 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS! I am so excited for you Amanda. You are so smart and talented. You will do wonderful there. We love you and miss seeing you often.
Congrats Amanda! I couldn't be more excited for you. I think you are right - sometimes we don't know what is in store for us. My sister went also had fertility problems for many years. But it has all worked out now and she is a happy Mom. We just all have our own route and timing! I am so proud of you for keeping your head up and moving forward. GO GET EM!
That is awesome Amanda!! Congratulations!! I love your outlook on life, you are such a wonderful example to me! I love you so much! I'm so proud of you
Amanda you will be amazing! you're so talented and smart. I could not be more excited for you. Keep follwing your dream you can accomplish anything. Love you Manda!!
That is so awesome! Do it now while you can. Things will totally work out with a baby, I know, they always do! Miss you guys.
CONGRATS!!! Love you Amanda, you are amazing!
Wow!! I can't believe it! That's so incredible. So will you still be teaching at Dixie while getting your phd? Good luck with it all! And I think Heavenly Father must be pretty proud of you for doing what you think is right, even when it's hard to have faith in a plan he has set up for you, that you can't see clearly. Love you!
I'm happy to hear that you're doing well. UNLV sounds really scary to me, but I know you'll do awesome. The pictures of you house are also super cute, how fun! Good luck in all you do, and most of all Keep Smiling!
Lynette
Congrats! That is amazing! We are so happy for you!
I had no idea about the fertility. wow. You guys are amazing- things will work out. Sounds like they are :) congrats. that really is awesome unlv :)
That is so exciting amanda! I wish I was that far in school! Ugh I'm still doing an associates! My sister is in the same position you are in. I'm glad that you're taking the time to get other things in life in order. Getting your doctorate at your age is incredible!
Holy cow Amanda you are AMAZING. You go and get your dream girl! Love you :)
Wow! I'm so excited for you! Great job on being promoted and good luck with the doctorate degree. It sounds so overwhelming... but I am sure you can do it!
Congrats! You will be amazing. I love and miss school.
Amanda! Hey, it's Angie (Wood) Dana :) You are so cute; I'm so happy to see you and Shaye are doing so well! Way to go on all your accomplishments, your going to do great things! Keep it up :)
Yeah Amanda! You are so awesome! It's been too long eh?
Hey Amanda! I came across you blog while blog hoping! I just read about this.. I have endometriosis and after years of trying finally got pregnant! I know how frustrating it is, I hope things work out for you!
Post a Comment