Comfort Movies

I have recently noticed I am inevitably drawn to a small group of novels for comfort. When I am really having a burn-out day, or if its just a full moon (if you know what I mean), I can sit down and open one of these novels and instantly things are 90% better. Though this comfort is short lived, I thrive on it at times. Lucky for me, film makers are sensible enough to make film adaptations of the books I love. I can experience all of the nostalgia in a much more compact period of time. The "comfort films" are as follows:

-Little Women
-Pride and Prejudice
-Anne of Avonlea
-Jane Eyre
-Breakfast at Tiffany's
- and now, Becoming Jane
I totally recommend this movie to anyone as hopelessly romantic as me. It is PG and completely clean, and gives a fictions account on Jane Austen's life. Seriously, rent it! That's all for now, hope you're all well!

2 comments:

Tom and Juli said...

Hey I saw your blog site from facebook. I love the pictures!

As for Becoming Jane, it was a cute movie, I'll need to watch it again thought because I saw it so long ago, but I liked Anne Hathaway in it a lot!

Juli

Laura Edwards said...

Thanks! I needed a good chick-flick recommendation.