Showered with Love--part 2

I have been feeling ridiculously blessed lately. Ridiculously. So many people have been reaching out with so much love and excitement to us, and it sinks in more and more each day--I'm going to be a mom! Some days are rather uncomfortable or even a bit painful, it's true, but the magic of pregnancy never fades for me. I still can't believe how blessed we are. And even though I've always known it, our little miracle has made it even more apparent than ever how blessed I am to have wonderful friends.

A few weekends ago my dear friends from Executive Council-- (Exec Sisters 4 Life! :))-- threw me a shower. These girls have been here for me through thick and thin. We can't get together a lot because we're all spread out, but when we do, I feel like I'm with family. We're such a diverse little group of friends; the dynamic of the group reminds me of The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants books. We're all so different, but we're close and we love each other. Here are some of these girls, a few couldn't make it too.

Ray-shell, Cinders, and J-Thug. Love these ladies!

The shower was so much fun! I just loved chatting with everyone and catching up, and eating all the yummy food my friends made! One of my favorite moment was when a bunch of my friends were all sitting on the floor with their babies. It made think about all the times growing up that I would fantasize about when we would all be mothers and would hope that I would still be friends with the same girls. I still am! And I love the girls I grew up with so much!

Megs and Katie (and little Lacey)...so darling!

And boy was I showered on! I always have a hard time accepting people's generosity. I feel like I should be the one giving to them because of all the love I already feel from them. I got so much fun stuff... darling little outfits, toys, quilts, swaddle blankets, and even a pedicure! From the looks on my face in these pics, you can tell how much I loved the present for the baby.



Haha--I crack myself up! I always think of myself as this straight-faced person, but then I see pictures of myself with these crazy expressions! :)

So, what can I say? Life is pretty much amazing. I have the most amazing friends and am so blessed in every way! Thank you so much to all the people who love me. I hope I help you as much in your lives as you do in mine! Our little girl will be blessed to have all of you in her life as well!


1 comments:

Rachel said...

Richie still knows all you girls better if I refer to you as my exec sisters. :) That was such a highlight for me! I loved getting together with everyone and seeing your cute baby bump! Hope you don't get too uncomfortable in the upcoming weeks!