The Start of a Wild Ride!

Hi Friends,

Today we officially started our in-vitro process. I started my three weeks of injections today. This is going to be one wild ride, I'm sure of it, but we are so excited and grateful for this opportunity to try for a baby! This could be the answers to all our prayers. We're trying to be hopeful but not get our hopes up at the point. Our doctors have been super positive about our situation. They've told us we have as high as a 70% chance of success, so we are hopeful, but we know there is always a chance it could fail. The real excitement (as far as the egg retrieval and fertilization) won't begin until mid-February, but for now I'm just shooting up all kinds of chemicals into my body. Take a look at my loot:


Injectible medication: check!
Syringes: check!
Alcohol swabs: check!
Biohazard waste container: check!
My sanity: uh....that's been gone for a long time...oh well :)

Well, here goes nothing... I gave myself my first injection today, and honestly, it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. You'd think a shot in the stomach would really hurt, but it actually hurts a lot less than a shot in the arm. Fabulous...let's see how I'm feeling in a week and a half when I start taking even crazier drugs and give myself 3 shots a day. It's gonna be good times!

We would love and appreciate your prayers at this time so much, it would really mean the world to us. We want to be parents more than anything, and hope that we'll be prepared for and comforted in the outcome of this either way. For now, I'm just trying to be as positive as possible.

Thanks for reading. Love you all!

15 comments:

Andi said...

Good luck! I'm sending positive vibes your way (and prayers too, of course!). I hope so much this can happen for you. You two would make fabulous parents.

kenna said...

you go girl. prayers in bulk coming from the shumway house!

watch out for that lupron. it's a beast, but you can tackle it. you are hardcore like that.

thehaucks said...

Good luck! You two will be wonderful parents whenever it happens. We'll be praying for you!

Lynette @ My Craft Discovery said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope this route works out for you!

McKensi said...

lol I love how the only place I ever see you is Target:) you looked beautiful like always.
We live in Parowan.... Higher than St. George so i'm guessing our prayers will work best ;) I can't imagine anything better for you guys. Hopin and prayin everything goes wonderful!

Etts a Beautiful Life said...

That's pretty crazy stuff, Amanda. Good luck. I really hope for the best for you. You've been so patient and faithful for so long.

about us said...

You look like an even bigger druggie than me! We are praying for you! This is it...I can feel it!

bryce and paige said...

This makes me happier than anything! We are so excited for you both. Good luck with all that lies ahead. We will for sure be praying for you. We love you!

The Smith's said...

Oh Amanda I am so excited for you! I will pray that this is the one. You are amazing!!

justinandash said...

My prayers are definitely with you.

Ron and Maggie said...

This post gave me chills manda!!! I am soooooooooooo excited for you! You are totally in my prayers. If anyone deserves to be a mama its you! You will be such a great little mama!!

Laura Edwards said...

Prayers are on there way! I love the positive energy, it will make a big difference. You guys will be awesome parents!

Rachel said...

Prayers coming from the Garner home!!

THE ORVINS said...

how exciting I hope everything goes well for you! what an amazing opportunity for you.

Julie said...

Oh I'm so praying everything is going well for you guys and that this works for you! Love you so much! You are an amazing example to me!